Nine things you need to know that made Kurt Cobain Famous
Do you know about Kurt Cobain? He was a famous singer, songwriter, and an American musician. Nirvana was his band name which he made with Aaron Burckhard and Krist Novoselic. It was established as a part of Seattle music scene that later came to known as grunge.
Kurt Cobain was found dead in homeroom of above greenhouse in Seattle. It has been twenty years and ten days of his death. There are nine things that made Kurt Cobain famous-
- Before Nirvana Seattle, the big culture was called Jimi Hendrix’s birthplace. His band nirvana breakthrough in 1991 helped many other local bands like Soundgarden, pearl jam, and Mudhoney to gain international exposure and thus, the city earned the title as the birthplace of grunge which made him famous.
- Cobain’s childhood friend and Nirvana’s bass player, Krist Novoselic told Charles R. cross that Cobain’s music is a most important thing and not his death. “The detail of his death is just lurid.” In “Here we are now: the last impact of Kurt Cobain,” the Cross writes that for last 20 years Cobain’s suicide had stayed as the most famous suicide case. After his death, way the suicides were reported in media was changed. Photos of Cobain’s body were not intrusive stuff, but it was the reminder that if you are depressed or drug addict and struggling with it, then help is available. A person is not alone.
- Another thing that made Cobain famous was his death. Those days death within 27 years was usually happening due to suicide which was considered as a leading cause of death after the car accident. And when Kurt Cobain died he was 27 years of age.
- In 1991 nirvana album ‘nevermind” was released and twenty million copies of this album were sold worldwide. Nevermind album with “Smells like teen spirit was ranked under top 10 list one after another, but was it best Nirvana album? According to Cobain and Novoselic did not believe it was best. All the member of this band though “In Utero” was the better album.
- Until Cobain made hit in the music industry, the Bowie was the superstar. But Bowie carrier was in the lull during 1991, when Nirvana covered “the man who sold the world.” also during 1993 MTV unplugged performance Ziggy Stardust was introduced to the new generation, and in 1970-80’s he appreciated Cobain. This is another thing which made Cobain famous.
- Another thing that made Cobain famous is that he was the huge fan of a schizophrenic Texan singer; “yip/jump” was his favorite album. Also, he used to wear the shirt featuring drawings of Johnston’s. Till now the Johnston perform and record for fans converted through the patronage of Cobain.
- During the collaboration and recording of “the ‘priest,’ they called him”Cobain turned nirvana fans toward the “naked lunch author.”
- Lead belly was an artist who thanked Cobain for calling folk/blues artist his favorite performer.
- Cobain loved the underdog as well as rejected things that were too polished. He hired Bayer to direct “smell like teen spirit” and for that Bayer became biggest video director who worked with Green Day.
There all things made Kurt Cobain become famous music artist.
Posted in Info